VITAMODE Redusterol [30S]
- Energy - 34 kcal
- Carbohydrate - 3.8gm
- Fat - 0.9gm
- Protein - 2.7gm
VEGAPURE® is a registered trademark of BASF, Germany.
- Adult: Take 1 sachet, 1 to 2 times daily, with or after food.
- Reduce LDL-Cholesterol by 7% - 10% in 1 month
- Reduce incidence of cardiovascular disease by 20%
- A natural and drug-free way to reduce cholesterol effectively with plant sterols
- Soy-based. Tastes better. Dairy-free and Oat-free.
- Suitable for diabetics, lactose-intolerant individuals and vegetarians
What are plant sterols?
- A Plant sterols are naturally occurring substances found in plants. They are present in small quantities in many fruits, vegetables, vegetable oils, nuts, seeds, cereal and legumes.
How much plant sterols are needed?
- A Based on scientific evidence, 2g plant sterols per day is needed for 10% reduction in LDL-Cholesterol. More than that amount would not give any additional benefits.
How do plant sterols work?
- A Plant sterols are structurally similar to cholesterol. Therefore, they bind to cholesterol from food in intestine and reduce cholesterol’s absorption into the blood stream. The cholesterol-bound plant sterols will then be excreted from the body. They also bind to cholesterol in bile produced by the liver and remove them from the body. This reduces the amount of cholesterol being absorbed into the blood stream and clogging the arteries. Arteries clogged with cholesterol blocks blood flow to the heart which leads to coronary heart disease.
Are plant sterols safe to be taken by individuals taking cholesterol-lowering medication such as statins?
- A Yes, plant sterols are safe to be taken with statins. Adding plant sterols to statin therapy can further reduce cholesterol levels by 9% to 17% in statin users. The type or dose of statin does not appear to affect plant sterols’ cholesterol-lowering efficacy. Besides, studies have shown that adding plant sterols to statin medication is more effective than doubling the statin dose. Therefore, it is safe to be used as an addition to cholesterol-lowering medications.
Are plant sterols safe for consumption?
- A Plant sterols are naturally available in our regular diet therefore it is safe for long-term consumption following recommended dosage. Consumers are encouraged to include regular consumption of fruits and vegetables to help maintain carotenoid levels.